Public Service Announcement from the Brewster Police Department
- Help prevent theft.
- Always lock your car, close all windows, take your keys, and keep valuables and packages hidden from sight, even in your own driveway!
- Away from home, park in well-lit areas.
- Do not exit the vehicle and leave it running.
- Document the serial numbers of property.
- Report all burglary or theft to the police.
- Be aware of your surroundings; people can be watching you while you are concentrating on something else.
- Report suspicious activity.
- Play it safe. Do not put yourself or your family in danger and save the hassle of loss of property and vehicle repair by taking some preventive steps up front.